Summary of what the Empowering Communities Partners have been doing in the last few weeks…
- FUSE Norwich ran a free Start-Up Workshop for those interested in setting up a social enterprise in Norwich: https://fusenorwich.org.uk/
- NCAN have put together a Winter Advice Hub: https://ncan.co.uk/winter-2023-advice-hub/
- Voluntary Norfolk celebrate & thank trustees this Trustees Week: https://www.voluntarynorfolk.org.uk/trustees-week-voluntary-norfolk-ceo-thanks-trustees/
- CAN share tips on using easyfundraising.org this festive season: Are you looking for a simple festive fundraising idea? | Community Action Norfolk
- CAN’s Good Neighbour Network is organising a Norfolk Good Neighbour Network Conference! Join Us for the Norfolk Good Neighbour Network Conference – Norfolk Good Neighbours
- CAN celebrate Día de Muertos: Celebrating Día de Muertos | Community Action Norfolk
- CAN share information on the new bans & restrictions on single-use plastic: New bans and restrictions on polluting single-use plastics come into force | Community Action Norfolk
- NCF celebrate Pro Bono Week with a recap of their ProHelp scheme, which has supported over 70 charities and community groups this year alone! https://www.norfolkfoundation.com/what-we-ve-been-up-to/pro-bono-week-2023/
In case you missed it…
VCSE Leadership Network Relaunch
Last week we hosted the return of the Norfolk VCSE Leadership Network at The Kings Centre and online with the theme Inclusive Leadership: Sharing Perspectives and Experiences. We had a fantastic turnout of 25 leaders and managers from our diverse voluntary, community and social enterprise sector – thank you to everyone who joined us.
We heard from 2 brilliant guest speakers: Aliona Derrett, CEO from Hear for Norfolk, delivered a thought-provoking talk about taking a proactive approach to inclusivity; why we need to embed it, how to embed it and the benefits it will bring. Jacqui Mackay from Frozen Light Theatre shared the incredible lengths they go to in overcoming the challenges of bringing multi-sensory Theatre to under-represented communities across the UK.
Our speakers were followed by some very deep discussions around identifying common barriers and sharing good practice related to inclusivity- ranging from person-centred recruitment practices, to diversifying charity boards, to the power of genuine curiosity about other human beings… wow!
Our next session is taking place on Wednesday 14th February. We would like your feedback on the timings of these sessions – let us know what works best for you! If you would like to join the VCSE Leadership Network mailing list please contact email@example.com.
Norfolk Vision for Volunteering Launch
Tues 21st November 2023 at Assembly House, Norwich
Thanks to everyone who came along and was part of a new Vision for Volunteering in Norfolk! The Vision was developed as part of Empowering Communities and highlights the most significant barriers to volunteering, suggesting adaptations to make volunteering more inclusive. The event celebrated volunteers and shared the findings, key themes and future suggestions of the Vision with a wide audience of stakeholders from VCSE organisations, public sector bodies and volunteers.Back to News