Here is the Empowering Communities August Update – a summary of what the various Empowering Communities Partners have been doing over the last month:
- Norfolk Community Foundation (NCF) are offering Norfolk County Council grants of £500 for VCSEs to hold focus groups about what the people they work with think of Adult Social Services. A great opportunity to provide feedback on this vital service and inform the County Council of your views.
- CAN are working with British Red Cross to offer a free Everyday First Aid Workshop on 16th This is not accredited First Aid training but aims to build your confidence to help someone in a first aid emergency using everyday objects around you.
- CAN have published advice for community groups about the potential impact of Martyn’s Law, a new anti-terrorism law which will affect public spaces:
- CAN offer advice on easyfundraising- a very simple way to receive funding through the public’s grocery orders!
- CBR Business Solutions (Voluntary Norfolk’s trading arm) published a blog exploring the benefits of Employer Supported Volunteering (ESV)
- Carers Matter Norfolk (part of Voluntary Norfolk) share their advice for looking after someone this summer
Each month we provide an update about what our partners have been doing. For the latest information, please follow follow us on social media. Additional resources can be found on our useful resources page.
If you cannot find what you need in terms of information and advice, or just have a question, get in touch with the Empowering Communities enquiries team on: firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be able to help you to access the support available.Back to News